21 April, 2011

A Skirt-the final chapter

It has been several weeks since my last post; I apologize for my long absence! Life has become too busy to post on a regular basis. But, being busy is good. It means I'm not spending hours sitting, staring off into space and twiddling my thumbs.

After many weeks (I can't remember the exact number) of procrastinating and then working, I have finally finished my skirt! It didn't turn out exactly how I thought it would, but it's certainly better than the last skirt I made (about 10 years ago).

It amazed me how long it took to complete each step. After I got over my fear of ruining it, I began to spend many hours pinning, cutting, ironing, basting, and sewing. Both my mom and sister have been working on their own sewing projects, so every Sunday afternoon/evening, and the occasional weeknight, saw us plugging away at our respective pieces. Most of the time we had a movie going to keep us entertained. Yes, I can watch a movie and sew at the same time.

Finally, it is completed! And just in time for Easter Sunday. Now, to find a shirt to go with it...


The finished project; what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment