I apologize (to those few kind enough to bother reading my blog; thank you!) for my absence the past few days. Life has been a crazy, sticky mess. But hopefully the sunshine outside my window is hinting at more bright and cheerful days to come. I can only pray that God will ever be my Rock, through the storms and through the sunny days.
The other day I met a friend of mine to do some beading. I hadn't tried beading since early high school, so I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into. Little did I know how quickly I would become addicted! Below are photos of the necklace I made, the one I'm working on, and the earrings she gave me. She is such a sweet, dear friend! Not only did we have an awesome and encouraging conversation, but she gave me everything I used! What a dear!

My very first attempt: wish I had a better close up of that middle bead! Amazing!

As soon as I saw this purple one, I fell in love. It was my friend's idea to do beads all the way up. I wasn't sure at first, but now that I've started it I love it. Just have to finish adding some beads and have her teach me how to put the clasps on this kind of string!

The earrings she gave me. Pretty, yes? I love the little blue flower in the middle.
The best part of this jewelry is the simplicity. You can make almost anything, and you can always change it! Love it! Yes, I am getting addicted.
No comments:
Post a Comment