04 March, 2011

Sewing project

I haven't sewn in a while. Since 2003, in fact, when I made a little pillow for my brother as a graduation gift. But is all about to change.
After spending hours upon hours in the fabric store with my mom and sister as they pick out patterns and fabrics and beads and all sorts of artsy things for wedding sewing projects, I became completely overwhelmed with the desire to make something myself. I envied my mom's knowledge of sewing lingo (after 8 years it is all foreign to me) and types of fabrics, and her quick ability to put something beautiful together. It is time for me to try!
So yesterday we hopped over to Joann's to check out their sales and pick up patterns and fabrics. I decided (after much stressful deliberation) on the ones below:

The idea is to make the brown skirt, except without the buttons, and with a different fabric (pictured below).

The purple will be the band and the green floral will be the skirt. What do you think?

With my mom's expertise, I will have a new spring skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment